TurboSquid 2017 Spring Scholarship — $5,000
TurboSquid has established a scholarship program to help identify and nurture future talent in the 3D industry. The topic for our initial scholarship is “The Importance of Diversity for the 3D Industry.” We want to hear from the future artists (or fans) of our industry. Let us know why you think it’s important for 3D companies to diversify their workforce, or tell us what the 3D industry can do to better meet the needs of diverse consumers for whom they produce content— or both.
- Research and write an essay on the following topic – “The Importance of Diversity for the 3D Industry”
- Essay length should be 500 - 1000 words
- Essay should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attached doc
- Deadline for submission – July 31st, 2017
- You must be an active and graduating high school senior, or currently and actively enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate college student
- 3.0 minimum GPA
One winner will be notified via email and will be announced on the TurboSquid blog on August 15th, 2017.
Update: Congratulations to Alex Garza, winner of the TurboSquid 2017 Spring Scholarship!
Terms & Conditions
- Eligibility – Employees of TurboSquid, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to apply for the Scholarship. Winner will be required to provide proof of enrollment status and GPA upon selection.
- Selection of Winner – the applicants will be reviewed and a winner will be selected by representatives of TurboSquid. Judging will be based on originality, quality of writing, and impact of the essay on our judges. TurboSquid reserves the right to share the content and information of the winning submission and applicant.
- Payout of Scholarship – TurboSquid will pay the winner $5,000 directly to the accredited educational institution they will be attending. Payments will be made via Paypal or direct deposit. Any state taxes applicable to the awarding of the scholarship will be paid from the scholarship amount.
- Essays must be wholly the original work of the submitting applicant. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
About the Company
TurboSquid is the world’s first and largest online marketplace for 3D models, and is committed to innovation in the computer graphics industry. We sell models to some of the leading companies in the world, in industries like game development, VFX, architectural visualization, advertising, defense, and many more. TurboSquid has developed industry-first programs like CheckMate certification and StemCell 3D model standardization. The TurboSquid family of sites includes Free3D, CGStudio, and PixelSquid.