cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. Enduser License Agreement (EULA) for psd-manager
IMPORTANT -- READ CAREFULLY: =============================== This CEBAS End User License Agreement ('License Agreement') is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or an entity) and cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. a company under Canadian law with residence in Victoria BC, Canada. By clicking on the 'Accept' button, installing, copying or otherwise using psd-manager, you agree to be bound by the terms of this License Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this License Agreement, click on the 'Cancel' button and/or do not install psd-manager.
************************************************************** NOTE, THIS PRODUCT MUST BE REGISTERED BEFORE YOU CAN CONTINUE USING THE SOFTWARE FOR AN UNLIMITED TIME **************************************************************
1. General This is a license agreement and NOT an agreement for sale. Under this contract cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. grants to you a non-exclusive license to use psd-manager, which is software and documentation. psd-manager itself as well as the copy of psd-manager or any other copy you are authorized to make under this contract remain the property of cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. at all times.
2. Use of psd-manager (1) cebas Computer grants you a non exclusive, nontransferable license to use psd-manager and its manual and other accompanying printed material and 'online' or electronic documentation with equipment owned by you or under your control, according to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. This Agreement permits a single user to install and use psd-manager on only one computer at one location at any one time.
(2) If psd-manager is identified as a demonstration, evaluation, or NFR version, you may use it only for the purpose of commercial evaluation and demonstration. Such licenses are generated for a specific fixed time period. After a NFR license has been expired, all related documentation and data must be destroyed or sent back to cebas Computer or the dealer who handled the NFR version. You may not use it for commercial, professional, or for-profit purposes.
3. Multiple use and network operation If this Software is a Network Version, you may use it only over an internal local area network environment with the cebas Computer Floating License Tool, and you may install and operate psd-manager on a single server computer in a single location which may be accessed by other computers, or on an individual computer, as a multiple-user installation with either:
(1) the maximum number of concurrent users being one (1), so that multiple individuals may access or use psd-manager, but that only one person at a time may do so, or
(2) the maximum number of concurrent users being more than one (1), in which case you must purchase single seat licenses for each additional concurrent user.
The use of software or any device that reduces the number of computers/devices which access psd-manager's licensing tool when used in a Server configuration may interfere or damage the licensing tool or prevent psd-manager from running properly. In no case will such a device 'reduce' or prevent you from buying the number of single seat licenses required.
4. Transfer (1) You may not rent, lease, sublicense or lend psd-manager or documentation. You may, however, transfer all your rights to use psd-manager to another person or legal entity provided that you transfer this agreement, psd-manager, including all copies, updates or prior versions. You must inform cebas Computer in writing about a license transfer and the new user has to sign and accept this license agreement.
(2) In case of such a transfer the license of the former user expires and all remaining data covered by this license must be deleted/destroyed
5. You May Not: (1) copy or use psd-manager or Documentation except as permitted by this Agreement.
(2) reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble psd-manager except to the extent permitted by law where this is indispensable to obtain the information necessary to achieve interoperability of an independently created program with psd-manager or with another program and such information is not readily available from cebas or elsewhere.
(3) install or use psd-manager on the Internet or over a wide area network, including, without limitation, use in connection with a Web based render farm or similar service.
(4) remove, alter, or obscure any proprietary notices, labels, or marks from psd-manager or Documentation.
(5) utilize any equipment, device, software, or other means designed to circumvent or remove any form of copy protection used by cebas Computer in connection with psd-manager, or use psd-manager together with any authorization code, serial number, or other copy protection device not supplied by cebas Computer directly or through an authorized reseller.
(6) Install or use psd-manager to operate a commercial or non commercial rendering service of any kind, unless a special render-farm license has been directly acquired from cebas.
6. Limited warranty (1) SPECIAL EFFECTS AND RENDERING PLUG-INS ARE TOOLS INTENDED TO BE USED BY TRAINED PROFESSIONALS ONLY. CEBAS WARRANTS THAT psd-manager WILL PERFORM IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DOCUMENTATION. CEBAS COMPUTER CAN NOT WARRANT THAT psd-manager WILL WORK TOGETHER WITH OTHER SOFTWARE AND PLUG-INS FROM OTHER 3RD PARTY DEVELOPERS, BECAUSE OF THE COMPLEXITY OF SUCH INTERACTIONS BETWEEN DIFFERENT OPERATING SYSTEMS OR SOFTWARE PACKAGES. THE USER MAY HOWEVER IMMEDIATELY REPORT SUCH INCOMPATIBILITIES FOR FURTHER INSPECTION BY CEBAS COMPUTER. SUCH A REPORT HAST TO BE DONE IN WRITING.
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. cebas DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL cebas COMPUTER OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES,EVEN IF cebas COMPUTER OR ITS SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.
8. Confidentially All Licensing information, including license files, descriptions of code activation and written instructions of any kind created by cebas Computer are only intended for the licensed user of psd-manager and no one else. Such information may not be spread or distributed in any form to other users.
9. Registration Data For the purpose of customer registration and control of proper use of the programs cebas Computer will store personal data of the users in accordance with the Canadian law on Personal Pirvacy and Data Protection. This data may only be used for the above-mentioned purposes and will not be accessible to third parties.
10. Other If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the further conditions of this Agreement will remain fully effective and the parties will be bound by obligations which approximate, as closely as possible, the effect of the provision found invalid or unenforceable, without being themselves invalid or unenforceable.
BY PROCEEDING AND AUTHORIZING THIS SOFTWARE, THIS AGREEMENT IS BEEN AGREED TO.
psd-manager™ 3.0 is the first and most advanced PSD file exporter for 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design available on the market. Now, for the first time you can readjust nearly everything in the rendering with Adobe® Photoshop® or any another application that supports PSD files. psd-manager is the tool to help you save time and money by integrating the tools you best know and like.
What does psd-manager do ?
Saving the rendered image as a layer in a PSD file is an easy task; psd-manger can do this and much more. It lets you add all render elements of your scene as layers to a PSD file. No more trouble to compose dozens of render elements, because presets and automatic layer sorting make it a breeze to setup the correct layer order. You may also manually control the blending modes along with the order of the layers. But psd-manager doesn't stop there. What you really need during post production and for last minute changes are accurate antialiased selections/masks. That's why psd-manager allows you to add selections or layers for each object/material of your choice to the final PSD. Gone are the days when you had to draw selections by hand or to render timeconsuming additional passes to get them. To give you even more possibilities to spice up your images you can even add G-Buffer Channels to the PSD file. psd-manager 3 relies on 3ds Max core capabilities, like the G-Buffer and render elements, which make it fast, extendable and in addition, open to all renderers.
Why psd-manager ?
Every professional 3D artist will agree, rendering complex scenes is a stressful job, especially when your customer or boss is sitting right behind you and it is not really clear how the final project should look like. Even 'little' changes in the 3D scene can easily turn out to be one of those jobs that cost you another sleepless night!
Whether you use it for last minute changes, post production or just to quickly implement some variations of your renderings - the best tools are those that are fast, easy and fun to use; psd-manager 3 is one of them. What can I do with such a feature rich PSD ?
psd-manager 3 gives you the combined power of render elements, anti-aliased object and material selections in every application that supports PSD files. The possibility to alter every aspect of your image for one or multiple objects and materials in post, will change the way you work. You can for example make color corrections, add depth of field and fog, smooth shadows, paint more detail without affecting shadows and highlights, add blur and weight reflections, adjust highlights and add glow effects. All tweaking can be made on a specific object or material.