cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. End User License Agreement (EULA) for finalToon.
IMPORTANT -- READ CAREFULLY: This CEBAS End User License Agreement ('License Agreement') is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or an entity) and cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. a company under Canadian law with residence in Victoria,BC Canada. By clicking on the 'Accept' button, installing, copying or otherwise using finalToon, you agree to be bound by the terms of this License Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this License Agreement, click on the 'Cancel' button and/or do not install finalToon.
*********************************************************************** NOTE, THIS PRODUCT MUST BE REGISTERED BEFORE YOU CAN CONTINUE USING THE SOFTWARE FOR AN UNLIMITED TIME *********************************************************************
1. General This is a license agreement and NOT an agreement for sale. Under this contract cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. grants to you a non-exclusive license to use finalToon R4, which is software and documentation.
finalToon R4 itself as well as the copy of finalToon R4 or any other copy you are authorized to make under this contract remain the property of cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. at all times.
2. Use of finalToon R4 (1) cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use finalToon R4 and its manual and other accompanying printed material and online or electronic documentation with equipment owned by you or under your control, according to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. This Agreement permits a single user to install and use finalToon R4 on only one computer at one location at any one time.
(2) If finalToon R4 is identified as a demonstration, evaluation, or NFR version, you may use it only for the purpose of commercial evaluation and demonstration. Such licenses are generated for a specific fixed time period. After a NFR license has been expired, all related documentation and data must be destroyed or sent back to cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. or the dealer who handled the NFR version. You may not use it for commercial, professional, or for-profit purposes.
3. Multiple use and network operation If this Software is a Network Version, you may use it only over an internal local area network environment with the cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. Floating License Tool, and you may install and operate finalToon R4 on a single server computer in a single location which may be accessed by other computers, or on an individual computer, as a multiple-user installation with either:
(1) The maximum number of concurrent users being one (1), so that multiple individuals may access or use finalToon R4, but that only one person at a time may do so, or
(2) The maximum number of concurrent users being more than one (1), in which case you must purchase single seat licenses for each additional concurrent user.
The use of software or any device that reduces the number of computers/devices which access finalToon R4's licensing tool when used in a Server configuration may interfere or damage the licensing tool or prevent finalToon R4 from running properly. In no case will such a device 'reduce' or prevent you from buying the number of single seat licenses required.
4. Transfer (1) You may not rent, lease, sublicense or lend finalToon or documentation. finalToon R4 is a Download Software, only and so this license does not allow the transfer to any other person or entity. Once registered, the license will be binding for the person or institution that initially bought or registered it.
You may use the licensed and registered product (finalToon R4) as long as (a) your natural life time ends
(b) the company legally exists, if the product was bought for a company
5. You May Not: (1) Copy or use finalToon R4 or Documentation except as permitted by this Agreement.
(2) Reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble finalToon R4 except to the extent permitted by law where this is indispensable to obtain the information necessary to achieve interoperability of an independently created program with finalToon R4 or with another program and such information is not readily available from cebas or elsewhere.
(3) Install or use finalToon R4 on the Internet or over a wide area network, including, without limitation, use in connection with a Web based render farm or similar service.
(4) Remove, alter, or obscure any proprietary notices, labels, or marks from finalToon R4 or documentation.
(5) Utilize any equipment, device, software, or other means designed to circumvent or remove any form of copy protection used by cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. in connection with finalToon R4, or use finalToon R4 together with any authorization code, serial number, or other copy protection device not supplied by cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. directly or through an authorized reseller.
6. Limited warranty (1) SPECIAL EFFECTS AND RENDERING PLUG-INS ARE TOOLS INTENDED TO BE USED BY TRAINED PROFESSIONALS ONLY. CEBAS WARRANTS THAT finalToon R4 WILL PERFORM IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DOCUMENTATION. cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. CAN NOT WARRANT THAT finalToon R4 WILL WORK TOGETHER WITH OTHER SOFTWARE AND PLUG-INS FROM OTHER 3RD PARTY DEVELOPERS, BECAUSE OF THE COMPLEXITY OF SUCH INTERACTIONS BETWEEN DIFFERENT OPERATING SYSTEMS OR SOFTWARE PACKAGES. THE USER MAY HOWEVER IMMEDIATELY REPORT SUCH INCOMPATIBILITIES FOR FURTHER INSPECTION BY cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc.. SUCH A REPORT HAS TO BE DONE IN WRITING.
7. Warranty Disclaimer THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. cebas DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc., ITS SUPPLIERS, TURBO SQUID, INC., OR DISCREET - A DIVISION OF AUTODESK, INC. BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.
8. Confidentially All Licensing information, including license files, descriptions of code activation and written instructions of any kind created by cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. are only intended for the licensed user of finalToon R4 and no one else. Such information may not be spread or distributed in any form to other users.
9. Registration Data For the purpose of customer registration and control of proper use of the programs cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. will store personal data of the users in accordance with the German law on Personal Privacy and Data Protection. This data may only be used for the above-mentioned purposes and will not be accessible to third parties.
10. Other If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the further conditions of this Agreement will remain fully effective and the parties will be bound by obligations which approximate, as closely as possible, the effect of the provision found invalid or unenforceable, without being themselves invalid or unenforceable.
BY INSTALLING AND AUTHORIZING THIS SOFTWARE, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PRESENTED ABOVE.
3ds Max is a registered trademark of Autodesk Inc. finalToon R4 is a trademark of cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. deeZoo, ProOpticSuite, LumaObject are trademarks of cebas.
FinalToon Product Information at http://cebas.com/finalToon
finalToon R4 (also known as a 'toon' renderer) is a NPR for 3ds Max. Our latest finalToon 4.0 is developed for the fine arts and technical illustration market.
finalToon is available as a stand alone product, and will also be offered as a finalRender bundle in the near future. Product information @ http://www.cebas.com/finalToon
- Fastest NPR renderer for 3ds Max - real time feedback. - Best true line renderer with State of the Art anti-aliasing. - Amazing line styles in real time right in 3ds Max viewport. - Create your own unique art line styles of presentation.
FinalToon 4.0 will have full motion blur support with cebas finalRender and moskitoRender. Major enhancements: Multipass Motion Blur support for Scanline renderers and other SDK compatible renderers.
-Enhanced Texture Map Support for Line Style Effects. -Extended Line Styles are now in true world unit measures. -Enhanced Multi Threading Support through automatic Split Mesh Feature. -Orthogonal Viewports with Standard Cameras are now fully supported. -Camera Clipping Fully Supported. -Enhanced Procedural Hatching Features for better LIght/Shadow control. -Enhanced Bitmap Hatching better light/shadow control.
Motion Blur Non Photo Realistic or line renderers in general, struggle with effects like motion blur or raytracing. Not so finalToon 4 ! It offers true motion blur effects including deformation when used with finalRender as well as normal multipass motionblur with the Scanline renderer.
Procedural Hatching finalToon 4 is a great tool for Architects and Technical Designers; but it can also be used to create real master pieces of art! The combination of an artist's hatching and rendering accurate shadows and light open a whole new world of art in 3D rendering.
Multi Million Polygons Complex 3D models are always a challenge and finalToon 4 is up to this challenge it offers new new features to enhance rendering of complex CAD assemblies with multiple millions of polygons. See
Orthographic Camera finalToon 4 is the premier choice for technical illustrators and architects. Technical illustration and architecture make use of Orthographic projection (Orthographic camera) very often. No more worries! finalToon 4 fully supports the Orthographic camera projection built right into 3ds Max.
AI & SWF File Export finalToon 4 allows you to export your line renderings in 2 vector formats. Adobe Illustrator (*.ai) and Adobe Flash (*.swf) while the latter is no longer widely used, it is still one of the most compact formats supporting animation. Technical illustrators and web designers will love the Adobe Illustrator support.
finalToon NPR Material The finalToon NPR Shader is a simple, yet extremely versatile shader. Its beauty lies in the ease-of-use and fast setup to achieve non-photo-realistic renderings in minutes of applying it to objects in your scene.
finalToon Wrapper Material Allows for easy line style assignment to all available materials in a scene. Now, the finalToon Wrapper Material can take any scene material.