The Southern White African Rhino is a 3D model made in Blender 2.79 that forms part of a series of African Savannah inhabitants. This product has a wide variety of applications as it includes realtime and high resolution models. The model is both rigged and animated using Deer Rigger, which is a modified version of Rigify for Quadrupeds.
The product consists of,
1. 4k Color, Mask and Normal Textures 2. Non-overlapping UV's 3. Realtime Model made-up of 1186 Faces 4. High Resolution Sculpt model 5. Rig 6. Active Modifier stack 7. Animated walk cycle 8. Cycles Material Node Network
The Southern White African Rhino product consists of several files,
1. rhino.blend : A realtime, low poly version of the rhino consisting of approximately 2k polys and non-overlapping UV's, high resolution sculpted rhino consisting of approximately 950k polys, rigged and animated rhino, with an active modifier stack that's ready to render for Cycles. Poses used for product renderings.
2. rhinoColor4k.png : Color channel texture map in 4K.
3. rhinoSSSMask4k.png : SSS channel Mask in 4K.
4. hornMask4k.png : Mask for isolating horns in 4K.
5. rhinoNormal4k.png : Normal Map baked from high resolution sculpt in 4K.
6. rhinoBump4k.png : Greyscale bump to mix diffuse and normal maps for extra detail in 4K.
7. rhino.obj : 3D mesh for compatibility with other software.
Technical Details ==============
The realtime model is lite enough to be used in games and apps. Whereas the high resolution model can be used for cinematic close-up to wide shots.
Animation Setup =============
The animation file consists of a particular setup with both realtime and high resolution meshes linked within the same scene. Regardless of the final output be that, realtime applications to high quality cinema; interaction, editing, animation and rendering is always performed on the realtime model.
The realtime model is setup to subdivide (through the Subdivision surface Modifier) at rendertime. Increasing subdivisions here will allow the realtime model to more closely match the look of the sculpted model. Vertices generated through subdivision will match surface points of the high resolution, sculpted model through the Shrinkwrap Modifier.
Deformation is then performed on the model through the Armature modifier.