- Editorial Uses AllowedExtended Uses May Need Clearances
The intellectual property depicted in this model, including the brand "tom palmer", is not affiliated with or endorsed by the original rights holders. Editorial uses of this product are allowed, but other uses (such as within computer games) may require legal clearances from third party intellectual property owners. Learn more.
A reinterpretation of gothic reliquary boxes, topped by biomorphic ariels instead of ornate spires, but still created using traditional silversmithing techniques. These boxes suggest sacred meaning or ritual use, are these primitive renderings of contemporary technology transmitting or receiving?, do they sit listening to our desires or broadcasting wishes from the beyond?.
Despite its primitive appearance and haphazard surface, the rubber is actually an advanced high performance coating, taken from the aerospace and automotive industries, where it is prized for its durability and sound deadening properties. It coats these ariels which appear to have emerged and grown out of the boxes, like some odd flower, rendering their previously resonant forms mute.
- The model is based on the original manufacturer dimensions and technical data.
- Modeled in 3ds Max 2011, rendered using V-Ray.
- Subdivision-ready geometry.
- Model, textures and materials have unique logical names.
- The V-ray materials are set up with gamma 2.2, shaders and textures are included.
- Correctly scale of the original objects, object at 0.0.0.