Have questions? Chat with us now.Live Chat Now 24/7
Sep 10, 2005
|This is one of the best models I have ever bought! Exellent detail and a very intiutive rig. Well worth it's price.|
Several manipulators are used to control animations. Included manipulators control: Boom angle, trolley position, spreader height, spreader guide positions, adjusting the spreader to accomodate 20 foot or 40 foot containers, and elevator height.
If you are uncomfortable using manipulators I can create a version with the parts simply linked for conventional use.
IK is used on the upper hinged supports for the boom, folding as the boom is raised. Hinge detail is lacking where the boom connects to the primary crane frame as I had no reference for it but it's mostly unnoticeable.
Though texture maps are applied and included, there is sufficient detail that the model looks good even without bitmaps, though for extreme close-ups they are recommended.
A 3DS version has just been added in the Accompanying Product Files section... It is available to anyone who has purchased the max version. If you have special needs regarding this model please forward a message to Turbo Squid support.
This version is not 3DS Max, just 3DS... many capabilities described and shown above are not included in the 3DS version.
- The meshes have been broken up into several 3DS files and zipped...
- Texture bitmaps have been renamed in 8.3 format (DOS) and included...
- IK rigging for boom elements no longer exists. However parts can be transformed using forward kinematics...
- On-screen manipulators (Max-specific) do not exist...
- Dynamic cables are now fixed meshes...
- Objects have had transforms reset prior to 3DS export...
- Objects are linked as deemed appropriate...
- To move the entire crane the primary framework is the MAIN OBJECT to move...