Specifactions for the 1890 Morrison Electric included 24 storage battery cells mounted under the front seat. The morrison designed and produced the batteries. The 24 batteries had an output of 112 amperes at 58 volts that took 10 hours to recharge. Each cell weighed 32 pounds. The motor developed about 4 horsepower and was mounted beneath the carriage and was then geared to the rear axle.