*Most of the polygon count is in the hair & eye lashes -------- Maps:
Maps are big enough for high definition renderings, the head map for instance is 8k. enough to take renderings up to about 3kx3k of just the face. Again... A patient POST-PROCESSING is needed to smooth the texture enhance/correct colors & revive the overall look of everything.
POST-PROCESSING this model for photorealistic look is a sub-Project on it's own, But It is manageable in the hands of a patient and skilled 2d artist.
All colors can be adjusted from within Max, all except the skin of the Head, Hand & the eyes where the color is in the bitmap.
*To change the direction the eyes are looking at, use/move the uvw map gizmo of each eye instead of rotating the eyes themselves. --------- Lights:
A basic light setup is included but an HDRI map will be required to be used with the Vray light if you would like to use that light setup.
========= Quick Start:
- Download all parts, put them in the same folder, extract & open the scene (max 2012 + max 2010 files are included)
- click Shift+T and select all maps then Right click & set path to the folder named 'Files'
- Go to render setup > common tab & set your favorite resolution for rendering (2048x1536) is balanced, or use smaller res for tweaking
- for tweaking it is recommended to use the Vray frame since max frame shows renderings brighter than they actually are
- use the Render elements for POST-PROCESSING, already set
The model is not rigged & it doesn't contain facial expressions
You are not limited to 3ds max & VRay, it's just the setup used in the provided project files. This model can be exported/converted to & work with any 3d Package/Renderer combination.
the ways this model can be used are unlimited. Some examples would be: CD Covers, Magazines, documentary about the musician, concerts, web sites...