• 3d model of an old man head initially sculpted in Zbrush and finalized 3ds Max. The model is based on an East Asian character.
|| USAGE ||
• The model is constructed to be used as subdivision surface and render with displacement. Easy editing of clean topological forms will also enable it for real time purpose if required. • This model is rendered with a 32 bit displacement map for use in [broadcast, high-res film close-ups, advertising, presentations, etc.] • Geometry has good flow of loops to facilitate deformation when animated.
|| SPECS ||
• Model is composed of head and eye geometry. • Total count is 9690 polygons and 9779 vertices without subdivision. • All quad geometry. • The model is provided with materials and rendering setup to render as shown in preview images. • 3ds Max versions for both Mental Ray and V-Ray are provided. Maya version is setup using mental ray. • Source Zbrush model provided along with.
|| PRESENTATION IMAGES ||
• All preview images are rendered with V-Ray in 3ds Max if not specified. • No Photoshop or compositing used, Product is ready to render as shown. • Preview Images are rendered using linear workflow in V-Ray. • Subsurface scattering is used for skin material. The final look for different versions varies a bit, as shown in preview images.
|| TEXTURES ||
• 4k TGA textures for head. • 4k Exr texture for displacement • 1k TGA textures for eyes • While V-Ray Skin is setup with a single base color texture; mental ray skin material is setup with additional sub dermal map derived from the same base. • The head texture is created from a mixture of photo projections and hand painting techniques. • Non-native file formats may need manual texture assignment and the look of materials will vary from preview renders without any render setup.
|| GENERAL ||
• Model is built to real-world scale • Scene objects are organized by layers / groups. • The model was built with clean and regular topology to facilitate rigging/deformation. • 3ds Max versions are using turbo smooth modifier 'set to off' in viewport. Maya scene is set to use a similar “Smooth mesh preview” function. • Head uses SSS materials while eyes are using standard materials with appropriate textures.
|| FORMATS ||
• 3ds Max 2013 (V-Ray and Mental Ray) • Maya 2012 (Mental Ray) • Fbx • Obj • Collada (Dae)