- Editorial Uses AllowedExtended Uses May Need Clearances
The intellectual property depicted in this model, including the brand "nasa", is not affiliated with or endorsed by the original rights holders. Editorial uses of this product are allowed, but other uses (such as within computer games) may require legal clearances from third party intellectual property owners. Learn more.
- Subdividable, clean mesh geometry - High resolution textures (including Normal & Displacement maps) - 20 different base Asteroid 3d models (also available separately at TurboSquid) - All included Asteroids are CheckMate Pro certified - Suitable for close-up shots - All models made of 100 % Quadrangles
--- Real world dimensions (Approximate Average) ---
H x W x D = 9m * 8m * 10m
--- Included Texture(s) ---
- 20 x Asteroid_XX_C.tif (4096 * 4096 pixels, Color / Bump Map) - 20 x Asteroid_XX_D.tif (4096 * 4096 pixels, Displacement Map) - 20 x Asteroid_XX_N.tif (4096 * 4096 pixels, Normal Map)
--- Texture Notes ---
The 'XX' in the file names above stands for a sequential numbering. This means there are a total of 60 textures. All textures add up to a filesize of 3.70 GB. Therefore a system with at least 6 Gigabytes of RAM is highly recommended for rendering all asteroids in one scene. To speed up rendering and save RAM, you can switch off the Displacement Maps and crank up the Normal Map values instead. You can also batch scale / convert the textures to smaller sizes or different formats if you're not planning any close-up renders for example.
--- Important Notes: Lighting / Rendering / File Formats ---
- Environment setup as seen in the previews is not included - Best results (as seen in the previews) can be achieved using subpolygon displacement - All renderings show the model in subpolygon / subdivision state 4 (if not stated otherwise) - Native scene format is Cinema 4D (.C4D) - FBX and WRL file formats included (allowing easy object converts to 3ds Max, Maya etc.)
--- Important Notes: Downloading and unpacking the multipart RAR archives ---
Due to the large file sizes, the archive containing the textures had to be split up in 4 parts.
- Please download all of them (Asteroids-Collection.tex.part1.rar to ...part4.rar). - Make sure that all archive parts are placed in the same folder / file hierarchy on your hard drive. - Start unpacking the contents from the first part using a program like e.g. WinRar (Windows) or UnrarX (Other OS). These tools should then automatically load and expand the needed content from the other parts.