- Editorial Uses AllowedExtended Uses May Need Clearances
The intellectual property depicted in this model, including the brand "nasa", is not affiliated with or endorsed by the original rights holders. Editorial uses of this product are allowed, but other uses (such as within computer games) may require legal clearances from third party intellectual property owners. Learn more.
- Subdividable, clean mesh geometry - High resolution textures (including Normal & Displacement maps) - Complex, manual Asteroid Field setup (no intersecting objects) - 20 different base Asteroid 3d models (also available separately at TurboSquid) - All included Asteroids have CheckMate Pro certification quality - Field consists of 200 Asteroids in different scales and rotations - Suitable for close-up shots - Model is made of 100 % Quadrangles
--- Real world dimensions ---
H x W x D = 289 m * 298 m * 1080 m
--- Included Texture(s) ---
- af_star_map.jpg (6000 * 3000 pixels, Environment / Sky Map) - af_light_mask.tif (2048 * 2048 pixels, Alpha Map for Light Beam FX) - 20 x Asteroid_XX_C.tif (4096 * 4096 pixels, Color / Bump Map) - 20 x Asteroid_XX_D.tif (4096 * 4096 pixels, Displacement Map) - 20 x Asteroid_XX_N.tif (4096 * 4096 pixels, Normal Map)
--- Texture Notes ---
The 'XX' in the file names above stands for a sequential numbering. This means there are a total of 62 textures. All textures add up to a filesize of 3.70 GB. Therefore a system with at least 6 Gigabytes of RAM is highly recommended for this scene. To speed up rendering and save RAM, you can switch off the Displacement Maps and crank up the Normal Map values instead. You can also batch scale / convert the textures to smaller sizes or different formats if you're not planning any close-up renders for example.
--- Important Notes: Lighting / Rendering / File Formats ---
- Environment setup as seen in the previews is not included - Best results (as seen in the previews) can be achieved using subpolygon displacement - All renderings show the model in subpolygon / subdivision state 4 (if not stated otherwise) - Native scene format is Cinema 4D (.C4D) - FBX and WRL file formats included (allowing easy object converts to 3ds Max, Maya etc.)
--- Important Notes: Downloading and unpacking the multipart RAR archives ---
Due to the large file sizes, the archive had to be split up in 4 parts.
- Please download all of them (Asteroid-Field.c4d.part1.rar to ...part4.rar). - Make sure, they are all in the same folder / file hierarchy on your hard drive. - Start unpacking the contents from the first part using a program like e.g. WinRar (Windows) or UnrarX. These tools should then automatically load and expand the needed content from the other parts.