Note: This model is heavy & it is not recommended for 32-Bit systems. With less than 4GB of RAM you won't be able to render the scene & it'll tend to crash even if you use the scanline renderer. On a 64-Bit system with 4GB of RAM the model works with no problems.
Brief: The Royal Ship of Cheops or 'Khufu's Solar Barge' is the oldest, most ancient ship in preserve today. It is as old as four and a half millenniums but that's not all; The size is massive, 43.6 meters long, that's longer than any Ship-of-the-line of any navy that ever existed before the eighteenth century. The plan of the ship is extremely complicated, It took years to solve it's puzzle & assemble the ship together. The shape is very dynamic, more than 3 KM of ropes were used to join the parts, the wooden panels were bored only from the inside and the methodology used indicates a great expertise & knowledge of sea faring & wide breakthrough in naval technologies.
- The model is an accurate representation of the actual ship & can serve as a digital copy. Best suited for High-End productions, Films, Documentaries, High-Quality visualization. It can be also used for educational & illustration purposes by Pre-Historians, Archaeologists, Academics and Enthusiasts
Originally modeled in 3ds Max. The model consists of only Meshes (Editable Poly) & Splines. Nurbs or Editable Patch were not used. Instances were used whenever it was possible.
> polygons were spent carefully wherever it was needed, with detailing as the highest priority since this was intended for high quality visualization & as a digital copy of the actual ship. > The holes in the mesh were made using ProBolean, there are more than 1400 in the hull alone. > Smoothing Groups were added.
> Splines were used to resemble ropes.& they consume most of the Polygon count.
- Wood (Cedar) which the actual ship was built of - Rope
> All textures are included, Diffuse, Bump & Reflection. Most of textures can be used with other projects
> 10496X1308 > 10593X1329 > 10494X1008 > 10494X1008 > 1024X1024 > Same sizes for Bump & Reflection maps...
Basic Light Setup is included
Note: An HDRI map was used but it is not included. Please use an HDRI Map with the VRay Light, it is linked to a VRay HDRI map that you can find in the material editor
All renders were made with the included light setup (Read note above) Render settings are set for High Quality still renders. Ready for you to render Environment is not included
- Most of objects were suitably named.& grouped. Objects/Groups that were not renamed will usually have the same name pattern ie,. (Line01, Line02,..) & they can be selected using the 'Select By Name' tool. It is also highly recommended to make use of the 'Select by Material' & Selection Sets.
- Maps (Textures) will work perfectly with any Renderer. You will only need to manually copy/move each map from it's slot in VRay materials to the corresponding map slot in the material of your preferred renderer
- If you don't have VRay installed you won't be able to use the materials included, and the model will look black. If you prefer to use another renderer you will need to manually create new material then copy each map from its slot in VRay material to its corresponding slot in the new material (More detail