- This is a model of a heavy Roman throwing spear also known as Pilum. The earlier versions of that weapon were weighted by lead or iron elements.
- Originally created in Blender v2.78c and rendered with Cycles render Engine. - This model was created with attention to details and historical accuracy with elements of creative freedom. ________________________________________
|| USAGE ||
- This model is suitable for use in (broadcast, high-res film closeups, advertising, design visualization, forensic presentation, etc). ________________________________________
|| SPECS ||
- The model consists 8 separate objects-components (check the attached outliner screenshot). - The model contains 22,050 polygons without subdivision. - The model contains 22,050 (100%) quads. - The model contains one PBR (Specular workflow) Cycles material which is applied to the whole model using a combined UV. - This product includes 2 Blender versions with and without presentation stage set-up (separate archives). ________________________________________
|| PRESENTATION IMAGES ||
- All preview images are rendered with built-in Cycles Renderer. - No Photoshop or compositing used, Product is ready to render out-of-the-box using the Native Source File. Lights and cameras are included in the file. - If you render this file using a different renderer, you may not have the same results as you see on the thumbnails. ________________________________________
|| TEXTURES ||
1) 4096x4096 - PNG - Base color (Diffuse) 2) 4096x4096 - PNG - Normal map 3) 4096x4096 - PNG - Roughness map 4) 4096x4096 - PNG - Specularity map 5) 4096x4096 - PNG - Reflectivity map 6) 8192x8192 - PNG - Material ID map ________________________________________
|| GENERAL ||
- Model is built to real-world scale according to historical resources. - Units used: Centimeters. Model is approximately 210 cm long. - Scene objects are placed into a single layer. The objects are attached to a single axis object for better control. - No third-party renderer or plug-ins needed. ________________________________________
|| ADDITIONAL NOTES ||
- Clean Source File does not have the presentation stage set-up and will not render like the preview images, even though the rendering and camera settings/angles are retained. - File formats other than Blender exported as base mesh (not smoothed). - Original quality is only guaranteed on .blend format. - Please keep textures inside the same directory as the model in order to work properly. - To make the model ideally straight upright select the plain axes object called 'Pilum' which contains all the parts of the actual model and rotate it in |Y| direction by 89.209 degrees.