|Unwrapped UVs:||Yes, overlapping|
Mar 15, 2011
This collection features nine very high detailed, high resolution textured models that explore the Apollo journey to the moon. Here are some of the highlights.
* Complete Launch complex 39A/B with ground texture.
* NASA’s massive Crawler/Transporter vehicle
* The Saturn V rocket including all stages and many interior details for stage separation animation
* An articulated, highly detailed launch platform used for the Apollo program
* Enhanced Detail command module including re-entry chutes and floatation hardware, and detailed interior
* Enhanced Detail lunar module including detailed interior
* Lunar Rover
* Apollo Astronaut figure
* Helicopter 66 – The historic US Navy Sikorsky Sea King used to recover the Apollo splashdowns.
* Texture templates for most models are included in Photoshop format.
*** Please note - Some of the renderings shown here include photo backdrops/compositions, with the exception of Launch Platform 39. It includes all but the far outlying land and sky ***
Project Apollo was a series of human spaceflight missions undertaken by the United States of America using the Apollo spacecraft, conducted during the years 1961-1972. It was devoted to the goal of landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to Earth within the decade of the 1960s. This goal was achieved with the Apollo 11 mission in 1969. The program continued into the early 1970s to carry out the initial hands-on scientific exploration of the Moon. As of 2005, there has not been any further human spaceflight beyond low earth orbit.
Special thanks for contributions to this project from Australia.