TurboSquid is an official General Motors licensee. It’s a great opportunity for all artists and customers and involves several changes to the structure of how TurboSquid will sell and regulate GM products on our marketplace.
- There is a special artist agreement for selling GM-related 3D Models that you must agree to if you wish to continue selling GM-related 3D Models.
- TurboSquid is the only approved outlet for selling GM-related 3D Models. This means that GM requires you to exclusively sell GM-related 3D models through TurboSquid, which has implemented their review process for buyers and sellers, whether you are a SquidGuild member or not.
- As part of the GM agreement, all artists selling GM-related 3D Models must provide valid, government-issued identification.
- GM will review each current and new product for accuracy before the product is published.
- There are limitations to what kinds of GM content can be sold. Please see below for specifics.
Which brands are affected?
Are there limitations on the content I can create?
- Your product must be modeled with reasonable accuracy. You may not modify vehicle designs, logos, or any other distinctive features.
- Using the Feature Graph, you must accurately identify the object’s brand, product name, and /or manufacturer.
- GM automobiles may not be damaged or subject to a fire or explosion
- People depicted inside of a GM automobile must wear seatbelts
- CAD files
- Dual branding. Dual branding refers to a model that features a GM and non-GM brand. For example, NASCAR models with sponsor branding and Yenko Chevrolets.
- Collections that include non-GM brands
- Content not officially available to consumers, such as concept cars
- Branded tires on GM content
- Apparel that features GM content
You may not depict the GM brand in association with any of the following:
- Illegal drug use
- Sex or nudity
- Graphic depictions of death, violence, or gore
- Foul or illicit language
- Any content involving injury to police.
If GM does not approve my models, what can I do?
If GM does not approve a model, you can rework the model based on the rules they have set forth and resubmit for review. Please keep in mind that if GM does not approve a model, you may not sell that model on another marketplace. TurboSquid is the only approved outlet for selling GM-related 3D Models, and posting on a non-authorized site is a violation of the GM Artist Agreement.
What will the royalty percentages be for my GM models?
GM will share in the revenue for their products in this arrangement. Artist royalty rates will be somewhat lower, and TurboSquid is contributing on a relative basis more to the arrangement than Artists, although we are required to keep these specific details confidential. The new royalty rates for artists for GM content:
- Diamond SquidGuild: 48%
- Ruby SquidGuild: 46.4%
- Emerald SquidGuild: 44.8%
- Gold SquidGuild: 43.2%
- Silver SquidGuild: 41.6%
- Bronze SquidGuild: 40.8%
- Clear SquidGuild: 40%
- Standard Artist Royalty (non-SquidGuild): 32%
What kinds of ID will you accept?
All forms of identification must be current (not expired) and contain a photograph and information such as name and address. Acceptable documents include:
- National passport
- Driver’s license or official identity card issued by local, state/provincial, or national government
- Military identification card
- Any other photo ID issued by local, state/provincial, or national government agencies.
If you do not wish to share sensitive information such as your social security number or personal/national identification number, you may black this out. However, your picture, name, and address must be visible and identifiable.
How do I provide ID?
To provide ID, go to your Artist settings and click on I have read, understand, and agree with the General Motors Artist Agreement under the Optional Brand Agreements section and then Save Settings.
Once you save your settings, you will be routed to Secure Personal ID Upload. Your file will be uploaded securely, will not backed up to permanent storage, and will be automatically purged from our servers after retrieval. If you do not wish to share sensitive information such as your social security number or personal/national identification number, you may black this out. However, your picture, name, and address must be visible and identifiable.
Once you upload and submit your ID, our support team will review it against your payment information. Please note that review may take up to two business days.
I’ve provided my ID. What’s next?
Once support reviews your ID, you will then receive an email, notifying you of your status–approved or denied. If your ID is approved, your account will automatically be marked as having agreed to the GM Artist Agreement. If your ID is denied, please upload a valid ID or contact our support team for more information.
Please note that if you submit an ID now but later change the name on your payment information, you may be required to submit a new one that matches your new payment information.