Have questions? Chat with us now.Live Chat Now 24/7
The strip of wetland between Dubrovnik and Dubrava was reclaimed in the 12th century, unifying the city around the newly-made plaza (today Placa). The plaza was paved in 1468 and reconstructed after the earthquake of 1667. The city was fortified and two harbours were built on each side of the isthmus.
Recently, another theory appeared, based on new arheological excavations. New findings (chappel and part of city walls) are dated in 5th century, and that is in collision with first theory. Size of old chappel is claearly indicating that there was quite big settlement at that time. New theory appeared, now more and more accepted by scientific comunity, dating construction of Dubrovnik in Greek times, or B.C. Greek theory boosted with recent findings of numerous Greek artefacts during excavations in the Port of Dubrovnik. Also, drilling below main city road showed that there is natural sand, which annulates theory of Laus (Lausa) island.
Counting of vertices and polygons are without Xref files. (total verts and polys with Xref files are above 1200000. Basic model is base for Xref scenes for adding details.