F-train first class began in the early 1950s, the need for fast connections in the post-war Germany to rise again.
The young company German Railways (DB) responded in 1951 with the creation of the F-train network:
fast short trains, usually with dining cars and only rolling stock of 2nd class (1st class after the reform of 1956) reversed without unnecessary visits
to the in part, by the division of Germany-related otherwise extending, highways. First of all, we still rely on older rolling stock,
the type group 53 was built immediately after delivery but in the new model trains, of course, painted steel blue as a sign of recognition.
Very often there was a entstromte, left exposed to the steam locomotive BR 03.10 used, which is extremely with its top speed of 140 km / h,
well-established and experienced with the F-train a second spring. The F trains wore, they were the pride of the Federal Railroad sounding name,
enjoyed great popularity with business travelers and were only replaced in 1971 by the inter-city network.