GDC WEEK SALE! 25% OFF Selected items only. Sale ends in days hours minutes seconds.


Royalty Free License
- All Extended Uses
Included Formats
3ds Max 2009
1915 Clip 01.avi

Don't see the file format you need?

Free File Format Conversion

Complete Confidence

Have questions? Chat with us now.

Live Chat Now 24/7
3D Model Specifications
Product ID:490878
UV Mapped:Unknown
Unwrapped UVs:Unknown
TurboSquid Member Since August 2008
Currently sells 2 products
Product Rating
Twin 1915 Lewis machine guns as depicted here (on the Scarff ring mount), were deployed in the observer station on several WW1 aircraft. To allow flexibility between user programs simple RGB colors are used on this model with the exception of one wood map used on the gun handles. The entire gun, except for magazines, wood handles, aluminum barrel housing and moving parts were made from non-rust dull black steel. Magazines were copper with a leather strap and handles were varnished wood. This gas operated fully automatic air cooled aircraft machine gun was invented by Col. Isaac Lewis of the US Army. Highly distinctive in appearance, the original Lewis gun had a large, round ammunition magazine on top of the receiver and its barrel was enclosed in a long, round aluminum tube. Developed as an assault weapon, the original gun had a stock that was removed when modified for aircraft use. In its day the Lewis gun was a real innovation, weighing just 26 pounds against its competition, the Vickers machine gun at 68 pounds. The Lewis Gun was the first gun to be mounted on an airplane. A Bristol Scout had one mounted on the left side of the cockpit and angled out to miss the propeller. Wing mounts, ring mounts, and fixed mounts were developed to deploy the Lewis gun on several WW1 allied fighters. The early magazines held 47, 30 caliber rounds, later magazines were up-graded to hold 94 rounds.   The Lewis light machine gun was also an amazing World War I success story. By the spring of 1916, more than 50,000 Lewis guns were in combat use by allied Troops. Lewis machine guns were used well into the 1940’s.
Related Products
More Products by Artist