Jr. Systems Administrator
TurboSquid is the world’s leading seller of 3D Models and is expanding the company’s development team. We are looking for an Automation Developer who is versatile, experienced, and interested in working in a small company atmosphere with a collaborative style.
A little about the company: TurboSquid acts as an online broker for thousands of artists who publish their digital work (over 250,000 individual products) for sale on a site with over two million members. Our company is located in the Central Business District of New Orleans. TurboSquid is growing and our industry is gaining unprecedented attention with the widespread popularity of 3D entertainment. Our customers include Pixar, Electronic Arts, Apple, Microsoft and thousands you wouldn’t realize need 3D all the time.
Benefits include competitive salary, 401k match, group health care plan, 15 days of paid time off and 9 company holidays.
Skills and Requirements:
3 or more years related experience in the following (personal projects can count towards this):
- Experience working with Windows servers, active directory, and domains
- Experience working with Linux (preferably Ubuntu)
- Experience managing large IP-based networks and their associated physical topologies
- Experience managing high performance web infrastructure (IIS, apache, tomcat, varnish, etc.)
- Experience managing high performance data infrastructure (MSSQL, MySQL, memcache etc.)
- Good understanding of network and internet-related concepts such as DNS, HTTP, DHCP, TCP/IP, etc.
- Good understanding of network and systems security
- Ability to spec hardware requirement for different services and software applications
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with tech and non-tech team members equally
- Great troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- A passion for learning new technologies and concepts
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Can script in any of the following languages: Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP
- Have experience being in and around data centers; and know about data center best practices
- Have technical documentation writing skills
Before applying, please review our website (www.turbosquid.com), create a member account, peruse the site, and learn about our basic business model. If you meet the outlined requirements and are interested in the position, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter (as body of the email) that discusses your most important skills that match this job description. Make sure to include your TurboSquid member account name in the cover letter
- Resume (as attachment to email)
- Put “Jr. Systems Administrator” in the subject line of your email (otherwise your application may get lost)
Return to Jobs