High detailed model of a western honey bee (Apis mellifera).
Suitable for Film, Advertising, Cinematics, Printing, etc.
Rigged and animated!
No plugins needed!
Originally created in Maya 2013. For older version of Maya use the .ma file! (Be sure you've checked 'ignore Version'!)
Rendering of one 1200x1200 frame takes less than 1:20 minutes. (Rendered with Phenom II 3,7ghz)
* real-world-scale (13.5 mm)
* 6 fur descriptions (head, eyes, legs, abdomen, thorax and tongue)
* mental ray subdivision approximation applied to geometry (faster working and rendering than simple meshsmoothing)
* stripped texture paths
* background image is included
head_color.tif (4096x4096) 48mb
head_normal.tif (4096x4096) 48mb
head_specular.tif (1024x1024) 6mb
body_color.tif (4096x4096) 48mb
body_normal.tif (4096x4096) 48mb
body_specular.tif (1024x1024) 6mb
wings_color.tif (4096x4096) 48mb
wings_normal.tif (4096x4096) 48mb
wings_specular.tif (1024x1024) 6mb
wings_opacity.tif (2048x2048) 12mb
Rigging and animation:
* unnecessary attributes of the controls are locked and hide, to be fast for animating
* premade animations are done with animation layers,so blending and controlling between animations is simple
There are 4 additional animation layers included:
-body_flying_idle (frame 1-72)