'The Ghost is a one-person gravity-effect vehicle primarily used in a reconnaissance and close infantry support or rapid attack role (halo wikia)'.
This complex model was such a daunting one, especially with the way it is built. I mean I spent hours sketching about the ref images, man so complicated with all the components. And that's just the model, look at the textures! Ah! The seat itself is not exactly in proportion with the rest of the vehicle, but what can I do, rebuild it? Naw, this was created back in December of 2013 I believe, I just wanted to release this to the public instead of refining it, etc. etc.
So here are some details:
- model does not have Unwrapped UVs. It just has that UVW mapping, you know (for that hexagonal texture)?
- By the looks of it, tune down that reflectivity a touch.
- It is set up with Arch & Design shaders, which is basically that standard material with mental ray. I don't know, Im big fan of it, achieves photorealistic results :)
- basic rigging system, transforms frozen and reset, basically clean rigging system
- the glow is the big question. I haven't figured out a way of rendering glow inside 3ds Max using mental way without washing out the scene, I mean the glare shader does not work...
- Do you need exact file with studio lighting setup or just the Halo Ghost alone, ready to be merged into your particular scene? No worries, both max files are provided!
- Im sorry I didn't include those particles that emit from the Ghost 'Shields'. I believe I created those simply with the Super Spray particle system... Go look at a youtube tutorial and you are on your way to success
- model is built to real-world scale, pretty clean geo, centered to origin, etc.
- Does not come with the spartan model as seen in preview images!!!
- Preview images rendered with Turbosmooth. Of course you can modify this and the iterations in the scene file.
And that's it! I hope you guys enjoy this one, hope to see it in some video or something.