This model of the Glock 17 4th Generation 9mm pistol was meticulously poly-modeled using an actual gun as reference. It is built to scale and includes high resolution texture maps for the ultimate in photoreal rendering.
TurboSmooth modifier is left intact in the object stack preserving the low poly-count, but allowing each user to smooth to desired detail.
This model was built in 3ds Max 2012 and I've included two versions - Standard Scanline and V-Ray. The V-Ray version includes V-Ray lights/camera and is ready for high resolution rendering. The Scanline version is texture mapped only.
The file contains 18 objects (Gun Only) in one group. All polys are either quads or triangles -- very few triangles exist in the scene and were only used when absolutely necessary.
Unsmoothed: 59K poly, 44K vert
Turbosmooth (2) : 1.1M poly, 572K vert
Note: All previews were rendered with V-Ray 1.5. No 3rd party render is necessary for the non-V-Ray file, or the additional exported versions.
Fine details, like stamped words on the slide, are displaced via the included high res displacement map. Without displacement maps, the geometry along the slide will be smooth.
- body_bump_mask.png (3,000 x 3,000)
* masks out the smooth areas without bumps
- body_bump_seams.png (3,000 x3,000)
- body_disp.png (4,500 x 4,500)
* displacement map for extruded areas
- slide_diff.jpg (4,000 x 4,000)
- slide_disp.png (6,000 x 6,000)
* ultra-high res displacement for cutout words
- slide_specular(4,000 x 4,000)
* simulated blemishes and fingerprints on the slide