Do you have models that are difficult and tedious to create with Patches or Polygons? Power Solids brings the power of Solids Modeling tools like Booleans, Filleting and Shelling into your 3ds Max environments.
Power Solids introduces support for a new type of shape representation called a Boundary Representation (BREP). This is the representation used in most modern day CAD systems. Robert McNeel's Rhino, Dassault's Solid Works and Catia, PTC's Pro Engineer, EDS's Solid Edge, Bentley's Microstation, Nemetschek's Vectorworks and Autodesk's Inventor are among the more popular CAD systems that use Boundary Representations as their primary form of shape representation. Our Boundary Representation uses double precision NURBS-based geometry and Non-Manifold Topology. Once created these models can be exported to CAD packages for post-process applications such as NC, Finite Element Analysis, dimensioning, assembly, manufacturing analysis, etc.
* Export models to popular CAD formats like IGES and Rhino
* Creation of BREP Assemblies to act as special grouping mechanisms specific to Power Solids objects
* Support for BREP Booleans, Sweeps, Extrusions, Skins, Shells, Fillets, and many more advanced features
* Major Performance Improvements - including support for multi-threading and multi-processor machines
* Improved Filleting
* Improved Sewing UI
* Improved Navigator Interface
* 64-bit support for native translators
* Reduced Memory Footpring - allowing for support of much larger models