|Host Application:||Other ( See Notes )|
|Operating System:||Other ( See Notes )|
Nov 13, 2008
Oct 17, 2009
May 31, 2010
Aug 23, 2010
Sep 19, 2010
Mar 26, 2013
Jan 4, 2015
Mar 20, 2011
Apr 26, 2014
|Nice tool :D|
Aug 27, 2012
|Very Good, more free download....|
We can find similar tool functionaly from Pixologic ZBrush software.
- Complete Control over the displacement shape we want to achieve.
- We can set where and how will be the displacement directly from viewport.
- Avoids the need of using grayscale bitmaps for displacement.
- The scripted plugin works in most 3DSMax versions, even future max versions.
DISADVANTAGES AND KNOWN PROBLEMS:
- With excessive poly counts and enabled UNDO changes, it can run slowly and get memory problems.
-If the Displacer object is too big and extend across to opposite sides of target Editable_Poly it may have undesired results.
- 3DS MAX 9.0 don't update correctly viewport face normals when the editable_poly is modified (FIX: click Editable_poly and then click Modify panel. Normals updated.)
FASTER EXECUTION TIP:
- Select faces nearby you are applying displacement before and enable 'Selected Faces Only' Checkbox.
- Checking 'Disable UNDO' will improve efficiency too.