Landscape Studio is a freeware heightmap generator for Microsoft Windows and the Mac OS. Providing a number of unique tools, it gives the user far more control over terrain generation.
For more information (Or if you are having trouble running/installing) please visit the official website at www.localblooddrive.co.uk
Feel free to contact me at the address provided on the website.
NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE JAVA INSTALLED TO RUN LANDSCAPE STUDIO
* Uses a tabbed workspace, allowing the user to work on several projects at once (ala Firefox's tabbed browsing)
* Terrain Application Mapping: This unique method of generation applies fractal randomness to a pre-designed heightmap based on an application map
* Create your own terrain generation algorithms, importers, exporters and plugins using Java
* Export to several formats including RAW, TER and JPEG, easily load into Terragen and other rendering programs
* Generate terrain using various algorithms including - ridged multifractal, procedural multifractal, heterogeneous multifractal, offset square plasma fractal, hybrid additive/multiplicative multifractal, procedural fBm fractal, deposition fractal, fault fractal and Voronoi
* Multiple filters including various types of erosion, gradients, spatial averaging, midpoint flip and inversion
* Preview terrains in real-time when changing attributes - no more trial and error!
* Preview terrains in 3D
(Sample terrains produced by Matthias Blum and rendered in Terragen)