--- 3d Asteroids Collection ---
- Subdividable, clean mesh geometry
- High resolution textures (including Normal & Displacement maps)
- 20 different base Asteroid 3d models (also available separately at TurboSquid)
- All included Asteroids have CheckMate Pro certification quality
- Suitable for close-up shots
- All models made of 100 % Quadrangles
--- Real world dimensions (Approximate Average) ---
H x W x D = 9m * 8m * 10m
--- Included Texture(s) ---
- 20 x Asteroid_XX_C.tif (4096 * 4096 pixels, Color / Bump Map)
- 20 x Asteroid_XX_D.tif (4096 * 4096 pixels, Displacement Map)
- 20 x Asteroid_XX_N.tif (4096 * 4096 pixels, Normal Map)
--- Texture Notes ---
The 'XX' in the file names above stands for a sequential numbering.
This means there are a total of 60 textures. All textures add up
to a filesize of 3.70 GB. Therefore a system with at least 6 Gigabytes of
RAM is highly recommended for rendering all asteroids in one scene.
To speed up rendering and save RAM, you can switch off the Displacement Maps
and crank up the Normal Map values instead. You can also batch scale / convert
the textures to smaller sizes or different formats if you're not planning
any close-ups for example.
--- Important Notes: Lighting / Rendering / File Formats ---
- Environment setup as seen in the previews is not included
- Best results (as seen in the previews) can be achieved using subpolygon displacement
- All renderings show the model in subpolygon / subdivision state 4 (if not stated otherwise)
- Native scene format is Cinema 4D (.C4D)
- FBX and WRL file formats included (allowing easy object converts to 3ds Max, Maya etc.)
--- Important Notes: Downloading and unpacking the multipart RAR archives ---
Due to the large file sizes, the archive containing the textures had to be
split up in 4 parts.
- Please download all of them (Asteroids-Collection.tex.part1.rar to ...part4.rar).
- Make sure that all archive parts are placed in the same folder / file hierarchy on your
- Start unpacking the contents from the first part using a program like e.g.
WinRar (Windows) or UnrarX (Other OS). These tools should then automatically
load and expand the needed content from the other parts.