Welcome to the new look of TurboSquid. To switch to the Classic site, click the link in the Footer.
Forum: Posts From:
Boarini Pictures
Advanced Poster
166 Posts
210 Products
Advanced Poster Badge
Posted 25-Jan-2011 2:42 PM

I really appreciate the TS forum and community of artists we have here.  Technically we could all be considered each others' competition, but at the same time if someone has a question on 3ds Max, a fellow artist will help them out and that's fantastic.

It would be great if there were a way to show appreciation for those that are active members of the TS community.  I was thinking of an Advanced Poster Badge or something.  It seems like those that spend the time could get some recognition somehow, and as a way to encourage proactive participation.

I definitely see a downside to this though, and that's the forums getting cluttered w/ posts that just say "awesome" or something similar that are posted solely to increase your post count but don't offer anything useful or constructive (10 points to the first person to reply "awesome" on this thread).

Thoughts?

In any case, I'd like to say thanks to those artists that spend the time on this forum.
seifert
Advanced Poster
182 Posts
1320 Products
RE: Advanced Poster Badge
Posted 25-Jan-2011 4:41 PM
Modified by seifert On 25-Jan-2011  4:41 PM

You are absolutely right but who will judge the value of a post?
I don't think that anyone posts something only to push his count.
If you got money for each post it would surely be different ;-)

SE
austinhess1
Poster
54 Posts
7 Products
Posted 26-Jan-2011 11:33 AM

Awesome
Boarini Pictures
Advanced Poster
166 Posts
210 Products
Posted 26-Jan-2011 4:28 PM

As far as rating posts, some forums have rating systems where other users can rate posts.  This would require a big programming fix though.

I was thinking the badge would go to someone who had done 150 posts or whatever.  And in order to keep the badge, you'd have to have posted 20 times in the last 6 months or something like that.
Items per page