I would say, talk with autodesks proper administration. See if they are willing first.
I recently hooked up with a new friend at Microsoft. I have been offered a chance to beta test software, but have also been asked to put my artwork into merchandising, just yesterday.
My problem with all this is, as some of you may know, I want to say yes, to everyone. I have to make a decision here somewhere.
writing a book/simmars/Venice Italy project/artwork/studies/job/family/beta tester/,......okay Nope.
I wish I could, beta test Gmax and Vista, BrowserIce. It is an excellent idea! I just haven't got any extra time left.
From what I have been reading and hearing; Autodesk has an aggressive business since. They seem just the type, to get a jump on development, like you have suggested.