This is a gentle reminder on a few basic things you should know before posting any GMAX related questions/problems.
1) If you are new to the 3d world and you want to use GMAX, download the GMAX tutorials and help files. Then go through the whole tutorial.
2) Take the time to go through the GMAX tutorials.
3) If you are itching to ask about the usage of a GMAX function or button, look it up in the GMAX help file first. The time to find the answer through the help file is about 5 times faster then posting about it and waitinf for a question. You don't want to just sit there and wait 2 days for an answer now would you ?
4) If you don't know anything about modeling, first go through the GMAX tutorials. Don't ask in the forum on how to model. This is something that would take 50 replies and about 3 months to get all those replies. Going through the tutorials is about 5 times faster then simply asking about it. Besides, there is no simple answer to this. If you want to know how to build a car, can you expect someone to tell you all about it in one simple question under one hour ?
5) Modeling something starts with one idea. Then it takes time, patiences and losts of changes. Don't expect to have your model completly finished the way you intended to in just one trial. It will take you about 3-10 trials to get close to your idea with satisfying results.
6) Dont ask us or Discreet to create a game pack for you. The people that created your game are the only ones to do it. GO ask them.
7) No GMAX doesn't have a graphic renderer like 3d max. It wasn't made for this. But there are workarounds. Hint ? Do a forum search.
8) Before posting a question, do a forum search with at least 3 words and specificaly ask for a one year search. Doing a forum search is usualy 5 times faster then posting and waiting for an answer.
9) Why am I saying that most of the above is about 5 times faster then posting ? NO ONE is being paid to visit this forum every day. It is on a voluntary basis. We (currently 2 moderators) may visit this forum once a day, once every 3 days or even once a month. We have no obligations to come here ever day. So we rely on you to find the answer through GMAX first, second with the help of the community. We are not GMAX gods. We don't know everything about it but we are willing to help every one to the limit of our knowledge and limited powers.
10) You can also try to do a GOOGLE search to find your answer. Ex: want to know if GMAX can work with Halo ? Try "gmax +halo" in GOOGLE.
11) Neither Discreet, nor Turbosquid are obligated to visit these forums. They rely on us and the community. Chances are, they read the forum once a month or once every 6 months.
12) Do not post about warez or pirated softare. We will delete your posts and most likely delete your account.
13) Go through the GMAX tutorials (did I mention that before ?)