This 3d model is created using Modo 901 and rendering with default Modo PBR render.
Optimized low poly model with high resolution textures intended for most popular real-time graphics engines use.
Fully compatible with the latest Unreal 4.9 and Unity 5 engines and effectively using PBR textures and materials workflow - Albedo, Metallic, Roughness, Normals, AO maps.
In this section you will find information related to: File Formats, Geometry, Naming and Organization, Textures and Materials, UVs
- The Foundry Modo 901 (.lxo)
Native file format. No adjustments required. Everything is setup properly and ready to use.
- LightWave 3D (.lwo .lws)
Tested on LightWave 10.1 version. File is opening with assigned layers, materials and all textures, and rendering without errors.
- Autodesk FBX 2013 (.fbx)
This asset is provided in two different versions of FBX: the one is enhanced for using in Unreal 4.x engine and the other is optimized for Unity 5.x engine.
You should consider which version you needed in your project, depending on which engine you prefer in order to avoid tangent normals discrepancy.
- Build-up entirely from quads and tris to ensure clean topology.
- Smoothing Groups are handled accurately by supported engines.
- Real-World Scale. Units used in the file: Meters.
- Geometry has been triangulated in Modo before exporting and actual texturing stage of development. Quads mesh also include in Modo scene.
Naming and Organization
- Objects have meaningful names.
- Objects are grouped in appropriate ways using layers.
- No extraneous or hidden objects in the scene.
- The model has multiple parts which are included in master group so the entire model can be pick up and move at once.
Textures, UVs and Materials
- Full shading, lighting, texturing and materials are applied for Modo scene file.
- Using the new Physically-based rendering (PBR) available in Modo 901 for presentation images and all materials.
- Environment HDRI illuminates the scene.
- Modo using OpenGL for rendering properly Normals. Because of that you should use textures maps related to Modo scene.
- Supporting of different formats such as Unreal, Unity and Modo required all textures to be packed into separate folders and corresponding to supported formats.
- Textures related to Unreal engine are in .png format and required DirectX in order to displayed properly.
- Textures related to Unity engine are in .tga format and required OpenGL in order to displayed properly.
- Linear Color Space workflow applied for all textures.
- One UV map for entire object which is mirror for better texel density.
- Resolution for all textures is 2048x2048, power of two rule.
- Texture types as following below:
Unreal 4 texture package includes:
- AO, Roughness and Metallic packed as one map x 1(.png)
- BaseColor and Normal(DirectX) maps x 1(.png)
Unity 5 texture package includes:
- Albedo, Metallic/Smoothness, AO, Normal(OpenGL) maps x 1(.tga)
Modo texture package includes:
- Diffuse, BaseColor/Specular, AO, Normal(OpenGL) and HDRI maps x 1(.png)
LightWave texture package includes:
- Diffuse, Glossiness, Specular, Height, Normal(OpenGL) and HDRI maps x 1(.png)
Licensed software is used for development this product.