M4 Sherman ARV Mark I - British Amoured Recovery Vehicle conversion of Sherman MK V.
Originally modelled in cinema4D. Detailed enough for close-up renders. The zip-file contains bodypaint textures and standard materials.
- Inside scene: -model - 33 materials, 1 bumpmap
- All materials, bodypaint-textures and textures are included.
- No cleaning up necessary, just drop your models into the scene and start rendering.
- No special plugin needed to open scene.
- Phong shading interpolation / Smoothing - 35
- NOTE - In lwo, 3ds, fbx and obj the Bumpmap (Body_B) must manually load in the Materialcanal.
- c4d Version R16
- Polygones - 577558 Vertices - 439396 - 435 Objects - 33 textures - 1 bumpmap
- obj File - lwo file - 3ds file - fbx file Version 2010
The British learned from their experiences with the DAK in North Africa that it was imperitive to retain some control of the battlefield after the battle in order to recover damaged AFV's.
The first custom built Armoured Recovery Vehicle was the Grant ARV Mk.I, but other chassis were soon converted. The Sherman III (M4A2) and Mk.V (M4A4) were the natural choices for conversion to ARV's as these marks represented the largest number of Shermans supplied to Britain. Both ARV's saw wide service in NW Europe.