The lost tree is a game environment created in 3ds max 2010 and rendered with the default scanline renderer.
My game environment includes: fortress walls, fortress gate, huge rocks, the cliff, an ocean, a dome, 4 towers, a building with 2 levels with spiral staircases, exterior stairs, coffins, statues, a pond and the lost tree.
- optimised polygon count (17796 polys, 24912 verts)
- clean geometry
- all objects in the scene are unwrapped
- textures are created in photoshop and includes diffuse, specular and normal maps at 2048x2048 each in jpg and tga formats.
- 45 total maps: 40 maps applyed to fortress and it's elements, 4 textures applyed to the cliff and the ocean (procedural maps) and a sky hdr map applyed to the dome
- alpha channel available for the tree leaves and spider webs.
- atmospheric effects used: fog, fire, glow
- to illuminate the interior i used omni lights to simulate fire and ambiental light; and for the exterior i used daylight combined with an omni light.
- 2 animations included: one is a walkthrough in the scene from the point of view of a character (500 frames) and the second one is a turntable around the fortress (36 frames).
- water and the atmospheric effects are animated
- i used a different material for the ocean in the animation
- my reference was only my imagination
Don't forget to check out other character and related models by clicking on my name. Thanks.