|| USAGE ||
Suitable for use in high-res film close-ups, advertising, design visualization, and the like.
Accurate representation of EarPods.
|| SPECS ||
- Created in 3ds Max 2014
- Staged using the Mental Ray Render Engine
- Diffuse Color Map texture for generic Scanline Render
- Built to Scale in Meters
- TurboSmooth, OpenSubDiv & Subdivision Friendly
- Tight edging. Set viewpoint to 1/.1 focal for very close zoom in 3D MAX
- Material ID selection is setup for ease of selecting material & polygon parts
- Material Multi-Sub Object setup use Material IDs
- Smoothing groups are included for low poly shading
Box Diameter: Meters
14 separate objects
34766 polygons with TurboSmooth OFF
103,800 polygons with TurboSmooth ON (X1)
340,488 polygons with TurboSmooth ON (X2)
|| PRESENTATION IMAGES ||
Two render types are available.
1. Default scanline rendering with the basic Diffuse Color map. Scanline in Maya.
2. 3D Max Mental Ray Render using the Arch&Design Materials.
No Composting or Photoshop was used in the preview thumbnail. Product is ready to render out-of-the-box. Lights and cameras are included in the 3D max file named 'EarPods_MentalRay.max'
Photometric flood lights are setup to control shadows. The Top Flood light only cast illuminated light on the model and excludes the background floor. The other Shadow Top Flood Light only casts shadows on the floor and ignores the model luminescence.
All other snapshot cloned objects in this presentation were rendered separately and NOT included to keep the file clean.
(1) HDRI environment image is included. Used for environment background and reflection example purposes.This is part of an Interior HDRI Free Pack by Maxime Roz.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Attribution, No Derivatives.
The small MESH wire pieces do not need to be subdivided.
|| TEXTURES ||
4096x4096 JPG Color Diffuse Map
4096x4096 PNG Decal Texture Map
4096X4096 PSD - Native Texture Layers
- Native .PSD contains grouped Color, UV layout, & Decal layers
- Illustrator (.AI) layers for Decal Logo & Text editing
- All other texture maps are generated in 3D Max. Generated cellular and noise maps are used for metal, plastic, and other arch & design surface materials.
|| GENERAL ||
Model is built to real-world scale
Object is grouped
No third-party render or plug-ins needed
The basic color scanline render file is 'EarPods' for both 3D max and Maya.
A down-save file for 3D Max 2011 is available for older versions of Max.
(MB, DAE, DWG, OBJ, 3DS) only contain the Mesh Object.
FBX includes cameras and floor.
Diffuse map is linked/embedded to most formats.
|| ANIMATIONS/RIG ||
The rigging is setup using the IKSpline modifier.
The skinning is setup using the Skin modifier.
The rig in the 3D Max Mental Ray file is setup up only to quickly shape the model in a needed form. Recommended use for still shots only. The rig included is NOT recommended for animation. Twisting is NOT supported. A completely different bone rig will be needed.
Frame 0 - T-pose default
Frame 15 - Signature image pose
Frame 50 - Full pose