AUG A3 rifle is intended for game/realtime/background use.
This model is not intended for subdivision.
This is a high quality, low poly asset originally modeled in 3DS Max 2013. The normal map was baked from a high poly model, making this product look very detailed without using many polygons.
The main renders and wireframes were done using Marmoset Toolbag. There are also renders from the Unreal Development Kit (UDK).
This weapon is designed to be ready for animation. The magazine, trigger, charging handle, etc... can be re-positioned and animated. Optional TA31F ACOG sight also included.
Low Poly Model (7 Objects)
|| Geometry ||
Weapon consists of separate objects linked in the following hierarchy (3ds Max and .fbx versions only):
• ta31f (ACOG)
• 16093 Total Tris
• 8652 Total Polys
• 8493 Total Verts
• There is a 5.56x45mm bullet placed in the magazine
• Polygons are all quads or tris, no n-gons
• Model unwrapped manually to make most efficient use of the UV space
• Model scaled to approximate real world size (inches)
• Approximate dimensions: W:4.0'' x L:31.0'' x H:12.6''
• Model near origin, above ground plane
• All materials and objects named appropriately
• Tested in Marmoset Toolbag (see renders)
• Tested in the UDK (see renders)
• No special plug-ins needed to use this product
• 3ds Max 2010 version also available
• .obj and .fbx versions exported from 3ds Max 2013
|| Textures ||
• 2048x2048 diffuse, specular, normal and gloss textures for the rifle
• 1024x1024 diffuse, specular, normal ,gloss and emissive textures for the rifle
• Textures in .tga format
• Model texture paths are stripped
IMPORTANT: For game engines, the ACOG will probably need to be split into transparent (the lenses) and non-transparent parts with different materials so they will render correctly. Contact me if you need any help.
One final note: Unfortunately there's no universal standard for normal map orientation between game engines. If the normals don't look correct try inverting the green and/or red channels of the normal map in an image editor.