The rig-file is a Maya 2009 file, it's tested in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. It should also work in Maya 2008.
I've also included the animated turntable with the HDRI I used, this is a Maya 2012 file.
The model is shaded with standard Mentalray materials, no plugins or shaders are required.
- Each part is logically named and placed in a separate group
- All of the parts are UV-mapped, each UV-space has it's own color in the picture attached
- Clean topology, see the attached image
- Low-res: 15978 faces
- Hi-res: 1223816 faces (smooth preview)
- All geometry is bound to the joints instead of parented
- IK on legs and arms
- Stretchy IK-spine
- Hands are setup with the most standard attributes. There's also individual controllers for each finger, with attributes to controll each joint.
- Clean and structured hierarchy, everything is logically named
- Attribute-switch for low-res/hi-res (animation-mesh/render-mesh)
- Space/orient-switch on shoulders, arms and head
- Driven by utility-nodes (no expressions)
- Attributes to hide individual parts of the robot
- Fully scalable
Remember to check out the attached videos with a rig demonstration, and an animated turntable.