Realistic model of street created using blender. Made using the cycles engine. Textures from seamless-pixels at blogspot. You are free to use the roads for any purpose you want. However, for using the textures in any other way, you might need to contact the owner at seamless pixels, though i doubt that is the case as well. Just visit the site & spread the word.
The sky and the side-boundary are part of the project. At any time you can make the following changes with the road.
First open the .blend file in blender. Applied are several modifiers. You can change their values by selecting the object going to the modifiers section and doing so
1. A subdivision surface modifier is applied on the road surface to increase or decrease the no of subdivisions or polygon count of the model. You can change its level at any time.
2. A displacement modifier with a texture is applied on the road surface, in order to get the bumpiness on the model. You can increase or decrease its value to change the amount of bumpiness on the road.
3. A curve modifier is applied to the road, and it is following a beizier curve. You can add more vertices and / or position any vertices on the bezier curve to get the type of road that you want.
4. The water is just a surface like the road but with less polygon count. You can move it up or down to get more or less water.
5. You can also tweak many other settings by opening the cycles engine in blender eg, the amount of normal, specularity, ao etc.