Notre-Dame-du-Haut de Ronchamp is a Catholic pilgrimage church dedicated to the Virgin Mary in the French municipality of Ronchamp near Belfort. The chapel was built between 1950 and 1955 to a design by the French-Swiss architect Le Corbusier. The church is one of the most famous buildings of the Modern architectural style. The visual images and richness of the apportioning of space are particularly impressive. Notre-Dame-du-Haut de Ronchamp is regarded as an icon of 20th Century architecture.