The M4A3 Sherman, formally Medium Tank, was the primary tank used by the United States during World War II.
The model is created and rigged in Maya 2009 and it is tested and working with no additional modifications in every maya version up to Maya 2016.
The animation demo scene and the presentation scene are available in the additional downloads section.
- detailed 3D model;
- full rigged model with automatic moving tracks and suspensions;
- inertial system with parameter control;
- only basic Maya nodes and expressions are used and no 3-rd party plugins are necessary ;
- no instances are used for the track pieces, so that you can map and texture them distinctly;
- although all the objects in the scene support subdivisions, not all of them have to be smoothed . There is a quick select set in the scene for the objects that need smooth called SmoothSet.
Please watch the demo video for the rig description.
It is recommended to keep the inertial system off, while you animate.
Please use the default Maya Catmull-Clark subdivision scheme for quick mesh preview.