3D model description:
- Detailed 3D model of the E-3B Sentry (AWACS). Paint scheme: Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF).-
- Animatable parts: Ailerons, flaps, spoilers, slats, elevators, rudder, thrust reversers, fans, radar, landing gear, wheels and landing gear doors.-
- The model is delivered in two different versions: with landing gear and without it for aerial scenes (89080 polygons).-
- Textures are applied and mapped, so the model is ready to render.-
- The scenes are NOT included.-
The AWACS Role - The AWACS is the world's standard for airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) systems. The 707 AWACS uses combat-proven mission systems to fill the needs of both airborne surveillance and command and control (C2) functions for tactical and air defense forces. This surveillance system includes a flexible, multi-mode radar, which enables AWACS to separate maritime and airborne targets from ground and sea clutter returns that limit other present-day radar. Its radar has a 360-degree view of an area, and at operating altitudes it can detect targets more than 320 kilometers (200 miles) away. AWACS mission equipment can separate, manage and display these targets individually on situational displays. Currently, 66 707 AWACS aircraft, designated the E-3, are in service worldwide with the United States, NATO, Saudi Arabia, France and the United Kingdom. Its value was clearly demonstrated during the Gulf War, and the E-3 is credited as a key to the success of American and allied air forces. Since 1992, E-3 AWACS aircraft have flown more than 5,200 missions over Eastern Europe in support of U.N. resolutions against the former Yugoslavia.