Model of a par of Bird / Angel Wings with a good riging system, animation, textures and materials. This model also allow easy modification on the wings aspect by editing feathers morph targets.
Its also very easy to animate and using only 3dsmax standard tools.
Originally created with 3ds Max 2010
IK and animations only supported by 3ds Max files. FBX, OBJ and other formats only the static model.
|| USAGE ||
This model is suitable for use in broadcast, high-res film close-ups, advertising.
|| SPECS ||
This model itself contains 182 separate objects (276 counting riggin, control, lights and etc), each feather is a separete object (with exception of the body small feathers)
This model contains about 60.000 polygons with TurboSmooth OFF
- Each feather contains 36 polygons
- Very Small Feather witch cover wings body contains about 12.000 polygons
- Wings body contains 524 polygons
This model contains about 240.000 polygons with TurboSmooth ON (set to 1 iterations)
This model contain most quads and some tris
This model contains Standard materials only
This product includes 3ds Max files for default scanline and finalRender (separate downloads). Use finalRender version for better lighting.
|| PRESENTATION IMAGES ||
Some of the preview images are rendered with finalRender and some are rendered with Default Scanline Render. See the label on each image.
Photoshop was uses just to insert a gradient background. No other effects or image manipulation. Product is ready to render out-of-the-box. Lights and cameras are included in the file.
For finalRender preview images it are rendered using the 3.5 version of the finalRenderer. If you render this file using a different version of this renderer, you may not have the same results as you see on the thumbnails.
finalRender plugin is nedded in order to use the finalRender scenes version.
|| TEXTURES ||
Model use 5 materials 1 for the wing body and 4 for wing feathers. The 4 feather materials is actually the same, but its make easier to change the groups of feathers materials.
Materials are created using digital painting.
Conserning the textures list:
WingBody (inside very small feathers):
- BirdWingsColor.jpg - 1024x1024
- BirdWingsSpec.jpg - 1024x1024
- BirdWingsBump.jpg - 1024x1024
- BirdWingsAlpha.jpg - 512x512
- FatherColor.jpg - 2048x2048
- FatherBumpSpec.jpg- 2048x2048
- FatherAlpha.jpg - 2048x2048
- FatherAlpha2.jpg - 2048x2048
- FatherAlpha3.jpg - 2048x2048 (optional)
|| GENERAL ||
Scene are organized by fallowing layers:
- RigSpline (riging objects witch controls the feathers)
- RigBones (the wings body bones)
- RigAttachment (wings body with controls the feathers position)
- RigControllers (objects its actually animate the wings)
- Lights (all lights in the scene)
- Morphs (the feathers morph targets, used to easely editing the feathers shape)
- BackFeathers (all the feathers witch is on the back of the wing)
- FurFeathers (the very small feathers witch cover the wings body)
- Bodies (the wings bodies itself)
- BigFeathers (all the big feathers witch define the wing contour
- Default (default layer, camera is placed here)
- SmallFeathers (all small feathers)
- MediumFeather (all medium feathers)
|| ANIMATIONS ||
Animations included with this file are:
Wings Flaping (135 frames)
Wings Closing (35 frames)
Rig Test (260 frames)
The rigging of this file is done using bones (wings body), spline IK(spline controll adjustment), path position constraint (feathers posi