The model represents a large scale region from Utah, US. This region is bounded with approximation by Scofield in the north-west, Monument Peak and East Mountain in the west, Huntington and Cleveland in the south, Carbonville and Spring Glen in the east and Castle Gate in the North-East. Excellent for presentations, aerial views or fly-through.
The terrain comes with multiple mesh and texture resolutions that allows a great flexibility.
Please read the public description .pdf file from the preview section, for more details.
The model measures about 10015 units in length and 8051 units in width.The units are centimeters.
- 40 x 32 kilometers terrain area ( around 25 x 20 miles ) ;
- up to 40 k x 32 k texture resolution ;
- up to 8 million polygons terrain ;
- all meshes are quads ;
- multiple options for the terrain mesh resolution from 2 to 8 million polygons ;
- multiple texture resolutions for each scene, from 8 k single map to 40 k multi tiled maps ;
-scenes are using a proper linear workflow (please read the attached documentation);
- all the .fbx files have all the textures embeded;
- all the lights and atmospheric effects are included ;
- the model needs no subdivisions;
Every scene have two meshes , on two different layers.
- a low resolution mesh having 714640 (700k) faces on the visible layer (preview mesh) ;
- a high resolution mesh having 2 043 842 (2 million) faces on the hidden layer ;
- a high resolution mesh having 8 186 241 (8 million) polygon faces or 8 192 000 vertices in obj format;
- a high resolution mesh having 6 138 320 (6 million) polygon faces or 6 143 307 vertices in obj format;
- a high resolution mesh having 4090149 (4 million) polygon faces or 4 094 220 vertices in obj format;
If you need a higher resolution mesh simply import the corresponding obj file and drop the terrain material on it.
- 16384 x 20480 (16k) multi tiled color map ;
- 13107 x 16384 (16k) multi tiled normal map;
- 13107 x 16384 (16k) multi tiled specular map;
- 6554 x 8192 diffuse map (used in mentalray for maya scene);
- 8192 x 4096 color map for the sky dome;
- resized 6554 x 8192 (8k) color map for the low resolution mesh;
- resized 6554 x 8192 (8k) normal map for the low resolution mesh;
- resized 6554 x 8192 (8k) specular map for the low resolution mesh;
- higher resolution 32768 x 40960 (40 k) multi tiles color map (optional) ;
- higher resolution 26214 x 32768 (32k) multi tiles normal map (optional);
- higher resolution 26214 x 32768 (32k) multi tiles specular map (optional);
- resized 8192 x 10240 (10k) multi tiles color map (optional) ;
The textures are in jpg file format at maximum quality.
The uncompressed .tiff files are available at highest resolution.
All the scenes share the same textures - no modifications are needed from one format to another.
To use the optional maps please extract the maps with the desired resolution and place them in the same directory with the maya or max scenes, by simply replacing the existing maps.
PRESENTATION IMAGES :
The presentation images were rendered with the highest resolution maps in mentalray for Maya 2015 ext1 , except some images rendered with vray, 3ds max vray or arnold which are labeled as such.