This is a highly detailed 3D representation of a 1972 Mercedes-Benz 280SE W108 Series, the short wheelbase version of the W109 Series. It is the predecessor of the current day S-Class Mercedes.
This is the Euro-Spec variant, with the specific headlights, bumpers and left-hand drive configuration.
The Mercedes-Benz W108 and W109 are luxury cars which were built by Mercedes-Benz from 1965 through to 1972. The line was an update of the predecessor W111 and W112 fintail sedans. The cars were successful in West Germany and in export markets including North America and Southeast Asia. During the seven-year production run, a total of 383,361 units were assembled.
- modeled in 3D Studio Max 2013 from scratch, using accurate blueprints;
- features highly detailed exterior & interior;
- textured and rendered using Vray 2.40;
- model consists of quads&tris, is scaled according to real-life dimensions, and is positioned at the center of the scene;
- one multi-material, with 39 sub-materials is used for the entire model;
- objects are grouped together and properly named for ease of use. 18 main groups in total;
- OBJ, FBX and 3DS formats in included;
- Turbosmooth modifier still active in modifier stacks, instanced throughout the entire model. By default, it is set at 1 viewport iteration, and 2 iterations for rendering.