This is a realistic tripod of the quality brand JOBY:
'Gorillapod for SLR-Zoom Cameras'
Real world scaling and measures!
The Gorillapod is RIGGED with controller objects for easy posing. Please check the screenshots!
Clean Topology and accurate pivot placement for easy rotation and movement.
Instanced TurboSmooth Modifier on 3 iterations.
Well organised scene with layers, proper object naming and hierarchies.
Optimized for realistic Vray rendering, but easy to transfer to Mental Ray or any other render, since there are only three materials used:
- Black glossy plastic (with procedural noise bump map)
- Grey rough plastic
- Chrome Material
No textures used, all procedural maps or colors only!
Every element is unwrapped and every instance is overlapping. Possible to apply tiling textures!
If you need unique mapping, you could just layout all elements.
Comes without HDR environment and lighting maps, due to licence issues.
But no worries, just put your own HDRIs or custom light setup and we are sure you can get similar results easily!
The ground floor is a matte object.
Optional How-To use the environment setup in the Scene File:
- Check the Material Editor Slots. Where it says 'PUT_YOUR_HDRI_HERE..' to set your environment.
- Rotate the sIBL Feedback Sphere to adjust the rotation of all HDRI textures (setup via wire parameters)
- Put a background image in the environment slot and adjust the camera to match your perspective.
Adjust Render Settings, Vray Camera Exposure and Lights accordingly.
The 3ds Max scene file also includes:
- separate modular pieces of the Gorillapod to extend or build your own version
- Snap Helper Points (centered in the rotation pivot of each modular element
For compatibility, we also provide FBX export containing the full hierarchy and the rotation dummy objects
- Use the CTL_Rotation### objects to control the Gorillapod.
We are sure you will like the setup and if you find this asset useful, please rate it!