This is a collection of low to high quality (editable) smooth 3D rocks.
Scanline, Mental Ray, and V-Ray versions included (max files zip).
Detailed instructions explain aspects of the models, materials, textures, etc.
Easily adjust the viewport and render mesh quality levels on all stones at once with the Mesh Quality Sliders (also includes instructions on how to use and edit the slider's properties [only in max versions]).
Easily modify any aspect of the shape, size, poly and vert count or quality of the models with the included modifier (history) stack (originally created in 3ds Max 2010).
by editing the level of quality, you can achieve Poly and vert counts ranging from below 1,900 poly, 1,000 vert (all rocks together at low poly [level 0]) to over 345,500 poly, 172,500 vert (all rocks together at high poly [level 6]).
Models are UVW mapped and have no seams.
Includes the UVW mapped materials and one procedurally mixed material (seen on the ground on one of the above images - good for cliffs, boulders, pebbles, etc).
- NEW: Shade variance allows the stone models to have the same material but slightly different shades of color and can be turned on or off (see above images) - [In Max 2010 and up for Mental Ray, Max 2012 and up for V-Ray and not available in Scanline).
Available formats (Note: if you have a later version of any of the listed programs, the file will still work):
1. .max--------------------3ds Max2010
2. .mb---------------------Maya 8.5
3. .lwo---------------------Lightwave 9.3
4. .c4d---------------------Cinema 4D 11.5
5. .obj with .mtl---------Most programs accept this format.
1. 1 High-resolution, tiled texture (3072x3072)
2. Detailed instructions to get you started.
It is recommended that you read the instructions first.
Zip files contain different versions (Mental Ray, Scanline and V-Ray) of 3ds max files, obj files, textures and instructions.
Example Image note: the rock in the 'quality example' images is included in the Rocks_6_Smooth_RS31 collection but may not be included in the item you are currently viewing. If you are looking for the Rocks_6_Smooth_RS31 collection, please see my other items.