This is a very highly detailed science fiction ship model designed to look approximately 5km in length. It's an aggressive-looking ship with blade-like curves and many turrets along its hull. The detail level is sufficient for close-up shots and flybys.
* The mesh makes efficient use of polygons, delivering extreme detail with 1192893 polygons and 1779808 vertices.
* The geometry is clean, being almost exclusively quads. There are some tris as well, but they make up less than 5% of the total faces. All geometry consists of quads and tris - no ngons.
* All objects are UVW mapped, and 1024x1024 textures are included. Note that all details are polygonal; textures are used only to apply a metallic look.
* Texture paths are relative - no fiddling with textures required. For example, ./texture.png
* No plugins are needed or used - simply open the file and render.
* Turrets are modeled as individual objects linked to the main object - they can be animated if desired.
* Objects are separated and organized by detail level making it easy to separate large parts from small details.
* (MAX version) Detail levels are color-coded and objects named to quickly identify fine-grain details.
* There are 521 objects, with the object face count kept under 12k per object.
OBJ and 3DS formats tested for compatibility in FBX review, Lightwave, Blender and Vue
Besides the preview images, I have attached an animation showing the model from several angles. This can be downloaded from here or viewed on Youtube. Search for 'Intimidating scifi space cruiser 3D model'