TURBOSQUID CONVERSION SERVICE DOES NOT OFFER CONVERSION OF THIS MODEL TO ANY OTHER FORMAT TO THE LEVEL OF COMPARABLE RENDER QUALITY. CONVERSION TO ANY OTHER FORMAT WOULD MEAN REWORK FROM THE SCRATCH, EXCEPT MASHES AND TEXTURES.
The Moon color map is based on the NASA Clementine mission map while the normal map is based on NASA LRO DEM map.
Original NASA simple cylindrical maps are not reprojected anyhow to another projection type, so comparison of a real photo vs. Lightwave 3D render is achieved by using orthographic camera.
All images are rendered with the default LightWave 3D render. It is a fast rendering scene. No third-party plugins used.
Video presentation is available on my YouTube and Vimeo channel (Tomaz Bertoncelj). You can also download it in Previews.
- Color Space Default preset; Display CS=sRGB, Output CS=sRGB, Color textures set to sRGB
- 1 sphere with UV map
- Dynamic day/night according to Sun position
- Diameter = 34,74 km (1:100)
Zip file includes (3,2 GB zip):
- Clementine 8bit Gray map 28k
- Normal map 8bit 56k and 72k (default), based on LRO DEM 16bit, Geospatial Data Abstraction Library used for conversion
All textures above are compressed TIFF.
Texture source: NASA
16GB RAM recommended for 72k normal map.
HOW TO USE:
Open in LightWave 3D 2015 or higher version. Tested in LightWave 3D 2015 on OSX and Windows.
For longer description of the scene and the process itself please find the document Full description in Previews.