- Natively modelled in 3ds Max v6.
- Standard materials used and a Raytraced material for the side mirrors.
- Includes an AA52 machine gun.
- Basic interiors.
- Major assemblies are grouped.
- Model uses 145950 polygon or 319347 tris.
- Some objects have meshsmooth subdivision applied during renders.
- Models have rigging in windows , doors, louvre, trim vane, seats and turret, while the suspension and tires are not rigged.
- Renders are made using 3ds Max built-in Mental Ray render engine.
The Véhicule de l'Avant Blindé or VAB ('Armoured Vanguard Vehicle' in French) is an armoured personnel carrier and support vehicle. It entered service in 1976 and around 5,000 were produced.
The VAB was designed as a wheeled troop transporter,lightly armoured vehicle to provide infantry with basic protection against shrapnel and light infantry weapons.
A double armoured door at the rear allows access to the passenger compartment. Two inwards-looking, foldable benches provide space for 5 soldiers each. The crew enters the forwards compartment through two lateral hatches, the driver on the left, and the gunner of the right; two more hatches in the roof give access to armament and provide for emergency exit. The front windows are bullet-proof and heated, and can be further sheltered from incoming fire by armoured panels which can be either entirely shut, or leave a small slit for observation; the windows on the side and rear doors are covered by a similar system.
The engine is located behind the driver, while the right side of the vehicle is kept free, providing a passageway between the crew and passenger compartments.