The model represents a large scale region from New Mexico, US. This region is situated in the north-east of Santa Fe. Excellent for presentations, aerial views or fly-through.
The terrain comes with multiple mesh and texture resolutions that allows a great flexibility.
For more details, please read the public description .pdf file from the preview section.
To keep the file size to a minimum, all the maps that are packed with the model are at the lowest resolution.They are very easy to be replaced with higher resolution ones.
- 56 x 62 kilometers terrain area ( around 35 x 39 miles ) ;
- up to 48 k texture resolution ;
- all meshes are quads ;
- multiple options for the terrain mesh resolution from 700k to 8 million polygons ;
-scenes are using a proper PBR linear workflow (please read the attached technical documentation);
- all the .fbx files have all the textures embedded ;
- all the lights and atmospheric effects are included ;
- the model needs no subdivisions (though it is subdividable);
Every scene have two meshes , on two different layers.
- a 714640 (700k) polygon faces preview mesh (visible layer);
- a 2 043 842 (2 million) polygon faces mesh (hidden layer) ;
- 8 186 241 (8 million) polygon faces in obj format;
- 6 138 320 (6 million) polygon faces in obj format;
- 4 090 149 (4 million) polygon faces in obj format;
- 3 065 311 (3 million) polygon faces in obj format;
- 1 020 085 (1 million) polygon faces in obj format;
If you need a higher resolution mesh simply import the corresponding obj file and drop the terrain material on it.
- 20480 x 24576 (24k) multi tiled color map ;
- 17920 x 21504 (21k) multi tiled normal map;
- 17920 x 21504 (21k) multi tiled specular map;
- 17920 x 21504 (21k) multi tiled glossiness map;
- 8192 x 4096 color map for the sky dome;
- 6827 x 8192 (8k) color map for the preview mesh;
- 40960 x 49152 (48 k) multi tiled color map ;
- 35840 x 43008 (42k) multi tiled normal map ;
- 35840 x 43008 (42k) multi tiled specular map;
- 35840 x 43008 (42k) multi tiled glossines map;
- 6827 x 8192 (8k) normal map for the low resolution mesh;
- 6827 x 8192 (8k) specular map for the low resolution mesh;
The textures are in jpg file format at high quality.The uncompressed .tiff files are available at the highest resolution.
All the scenes share the same textures - no modifications are needed from one format to another.To use the optional maps please extract the maps with the desired resolution and place them in the same directory by simply replacing the existing maps.
PRESENTATION IMAGES :
The presentation images were rendered using the highest resolution mesh and maps in mentalray for Maya 2015 ext1 , except some images rendered with V-Ray, 3ds max V-Ray or Arnold which are labeled properly.The model measures about 10000 units in length and 8333 units in width.The scene units are centimeters.