TURBOSQUID CONVERSION SERVICE DOES NOT OFFER CONVERSION OF THIS MODEL TO ANY OTHER FORMAT TO THE LEVEL OF COMPARABLE RENDER QUALITY. CONVERSION TO ANY OTHER FORMAT WOULD MEAN REWORK FROM THE SCRATCH, EXCEPT MASHES AND TEXTURES.
All images are rendered with default LightWave 3D render. It takes aprox 2 min for 1920x1080 (on 2x E5-2670v1). DP Light plugin used (free though accepts donations).
Video presentation on my YouTube and Vimeo channel (Tomaz Bertoncelj) or you can download it from Previews.
- linear colorspace
- almost 24 million single point polygons for stars
- object is in four separate layers, i.e. core and three spiral layers
- hi-res Hubble picture of M101 which is heavily modified (some parts of the picture was low res) is used as a source of the main color
- four DP custom lights are used for additional lighting of each object layer with yellow, red and two blue colors (easy to change if you like more blue and less red for instance)
- more than 250 volumetric point lights for glow in core and spirals
- size is 15 km
Zip file includes (1,12 GB zip):
- HST modified 15k picture
- 24kk M101 object in four layers
- backup '2D' partigon files (4x)
- scene file
All textures above are compressed TIFF.
Texture source: NASA
16GB RAM recommended
HOW TO USE:
LightWave 3D 2015 or higher should do. Tested in LightWave 3D 2015.